How to file
You can start to file an annual return in a number of different ways. Regardless of which way you start filing an annual return, a few things will always be the same.
- You must be registered to use the website. Read more...
- You must have authority over that company. Read more...
If you aren't logged on, or you don't have authority, when you start trying to file an annual return you will be prompted to log on and to get authority. Once you have done this, you will be taken straight back to the annual return process.
Here we describe one way to file your annual return:
In this step you locate the company on the register.
You need to have company authority for the companies you file annual returns for. Company Authority is the name given to the authority management system for users of this website who need to maintain company information on the Register of Companies. If you already have authority you can skip this step.
To file your annual return you need to check and, if necessary, update some information about the company including - company addresses, director details and shareholdings. You can also change your annual return reminder details.
The final step in filing your annual return is to pay the annual return fee. The fee to file an annual return is $45 (which includes a $10 FMA levy and a $10 XRB levy).
Key points to note
- From 1 August 2012 there is a $45 fee to file an annual return.
- You will receive an email confirming that the annual return has been filed.
- You can check if the annual return has been filed by clicking on the Documents tab of the 'Company Summary'. You can get to the 'Company Summary' by searching the register for the company and selecting it from the search results.