How do you get a certificate of incorporation?
When you search the register for a company you can see a copy of the certificate of incorporation.
The quick steps
- Begin by searching for the company. Find out how...
- From the 'Company Details' screen select the Certificate of incorporation option (near the top of the screen).
- You can print or email a copy of the certificate of incorporation and it's all FREE.
1 May 2013
Certificates of incorporation for New Zealand registered companies now contain a QR Code. The QR Code has been added to provide another way to access to your company details.
If you can scan the QR Code on a certificate of incorporation using a mobile device you will be directed to the 'Company Details' page for that particular company. The QR Code will only provide access to the publically available company information already displayed on the Register.
- If you have an existing copy of an certificate of incorporation, you do not need to replace this or provide your bank with a new one containing the QR Code.
- The QR Code will provide a snapshot of the company's details at the time of scanning. If you are viewing a paper based certificate, the information displayed is a snapshot of the company details at the time it was printed.
Here's an example of a QR Code.
How do I use the QR Code?
Firstly, you must have an appropriate QR Code scanning App on your mobile device. These can be downloaded from the relevant App store for your mobile device.
You can view and the QR Code by opening your certificate of incorporation. From here you utilise your mobile devices QR Code Scanner.
Once you have the appropriate App installed on your mobile device, open the App and follow the instructions provided by the App developer on how to use your QR Code scanner.
Quick links to view your company’s details
1 May 2013
Certificates of incorporation now also contain a quick link to your company details page.
You can use this link to view the 'Company details' for your company.
Note | This link will only provide access to publically available company information already displayed on the Register.
Look for the quick link at the bottom of the certificate of incorporation.