Energy Management Services
The AoG Energy Management Services (EMS) contract been set up to manage agencies’ energy needs, increase both energy efficiency and sustainability.
It covers the following service areas:
- energy improvements
- monitoring and reportingservices, and
- qualitative analysis.
Government has established the All-of-Government (AoG) contract for Energy Management Services (EMS) on behalf of government agencies. The contract is managed by the Utilities Centre of Expertise (CoE).
The initial contracts run until 1 July 2015 with one right of renewal of two years.
Expected savings for an agency taking up this contract are between 10-30% of electricity expenditure. EECA may be able to provides funding assistance. Other benefits include:
- Reduced energy consumption - utilising EMS suppliers should result in a decrease in both consumption and therefore expenditure.
- Enhanced reporting information - AoG EMS contracts detail reporting that suppliers must provide to Participating Agencies’. Participating Agencies are able to request adhoc reporting specific to their business needs.
- Staff training and awareness - EMS suppliers can assist with training Participating Agency staff.
- Administration charge waived - there will be no AoG administration charge payable on the AoG EMS contracts.
The panel of suppliers includes:
- Honeywell Limited
- New Zealand Energy SolutioNZ Limited (a consortium of four companies)
- Schneider Electric (NZ) Limited (a consortium of three companies)
- Smart Power Australasia Limited
The Buyers' Guide provides agencies with further information on the following:
- An overview of the contract
- What EMS is and what it can do for agency
- Key benefits to agencies
- How agencies will transition to the contract
- How to run a mini-Request for Information process
Download the Buyer's Guide:
Along with EECA, MBIE is keen to see a greater uptake of this beneficial contract, please get in touch for further information: email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information about the EMS contract.