The All-of-Government (AoG) office consumables contract was one of the first AoG contracts established in 2010. Since then it’s gone from strength-to-strength, offering great value for participating agencies.
We will be extending the All-of-Government (AoG) contract for office consumables for its last extension period of 12 months. The contract will expire in July 2015 with no further renewal options. We are looking ahead and have begun reviewing the current AoG contract in order to determine the best solution for agencies post July 2015.
- Panel of suppliers
- Features and benefits
- Download the Buyer’s Guide
- Contract review project underway
- Responses to Request for Information (RFI)
- Contact us
This contract covers the following broad product categories:
- Print and Toner Cartridges
- Photocopier Paper
- Cafeteria supplies
- Health and Hygiene
- Data Storage Media
- General Stationery
- Computer Accessories.
The AoG panel of suppliers includes:
- Staples New Zealand Limited
- OfficeMax New Zealand Limited
Eligible agencies need to choose one of the two panellists to be their sole supplier of office consumables for the duration of the contract.
The Centre of Expertise (CoE) will work directly with an agency’s nominated contact for the office consumables contract to select a supplier, complete the sign up process and support the transition to the contract.
This office consumables contract offers buyers the following:
- collective buying power of the whole State sector to negotiate a ‘best price contract’ so that each agency pays the same, reduced price;
- contract management by the CoE throughout the contract’s life that will complement how you manage the contract within your agency;
- a choice of two suppliers who are ready and keen to impress;
- better value for money across AoG so that even the smaller agencies benefit;
- information and regular updates to help improve your buying behaviour (e.g. purchasing more product from the sub-categories available, consolidating deliveries and invoicing, etc);
- suppliers that have the technological capability to integrate with an agency’s electronic systems allowing for a smooth business to business connection that will improve efficiencies and reduce errors; and
- more environmentally friendly product options.
This guide provides agencies with an overview of:
- the key benefits of buying off this contract
- how agencies will transition to the contract
- what you can buy off the contract, and how
- roles and responsibilities of buyers, suppliers and the CoE
- Download the AoG Office Consumables Contract Buyers’ Guide [839 KB PDF]
A review of the contract is currently underway within the CoE in order to determine the best solution for agencies after July 2015. As part of this review we are undertaking consultation across selected suppliers and agencies.
The CoE would welcome any feedback on the current contract, of interest is what is working well and what is not for you and your agency. Feedback can be provided in writing, by telephone or in person. Please contact the CoE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 901 4112.
A Request for Information (RFI) was released in October 2013 via GETS. The purpose of the RFI was to find out more about the office consumables supply market and the changes that have occurred since 2010 when the AoG contract was first established.
We received 28 responses to the RFI and a full summary can be found here:
- Download the Summary Report of AoG Office Consumables Category Request for Information Responses [533 KB PDF].
- Positive agency feedback informs decision to extend the AoG contract for office consumables
- Responses to RFI
Office Consumables CoE
Government Procurement Branch
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
PO Box 10729