The Office Consumables contract expires on 17 July 2015 and is being replaced by the new Office Supplies solution.
We advise agencies wishing to join an AoG for office products to consider the new solution before making a decision. You can find a new Buyer’s Guide for the Office Supplies solution, and all detailed contract information as well as comparison tools and guidance in the Office Supplies section of inSource.
Contact the Centre of Expertise for any further advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the current office consumables contract
The All-of-Government (AoG) office consumables contract is one of the first AoG contracts established in 2010. Since then it’s gone from strength-to-strength, offering great value for participating agencies.
We have extended the office consumables contract for its last extension period of 12 months. The contract will expire in July 2015 with no further renewal options.
A RFP was released on GETS on Monday 15 September and closed 22 October 2014. This will replace our current solution for the supply of office consumables. The new solution will be in place by July 2015.
This contract covers the following broad product categories:
- Print and Toner Cartridges
- Photocopier Paper
- Cafeteria supplies
- Health and Hygiene
- Data Storage Media
- General Stationery
- Computer Accessories.
The AoG panel of suppliers includes:
- Staples New Zealand Limited
- OfficeMax New Zealand Limited
Eligible agencies need to choose one of the two panellists to be their sole supplier of office consumables for the duration of the contract.
The Centre of Expertise (CoE) will work directly with an agency’s nominated contact for the office consumables contract to select a supplier, complete the sign up process and support the transition to the contract.
This office consumables contract offers buyers the following:
- collective buying power of the whole State sector to negotiate a ‘best price contract’ so that each agency pays the same, reduced price;
- contract management by the CoE throughout the contract’s life that will complement how you manage the contract within your agency;
- a choice of two suppliers who are ready and keen to impress;
- better value for money across AoG so that even the smaller agencies benefit;
- information and regular updates to help improve your buying behaviour (e.g. purchasing more product from the sub-categories available, consolidating deliveries and invoicing, etc);
- suppliers that have the technological capability to integrate with an agency’s electronic systems allowing for a smooth business to business connection that will improve efficiencies and reduce errors; and
- more environmentally friendly product options.
This guide provides agencies with an overview of:
- the key benefits of buying off this contract
- how agencies will transition to the contract
- what you can buy off the contract, and how
- roles and responsibilities of buyers, suppliers and the CoE
- Download the AoG Office Consumables Contract Buyers’ Guide [808 KB PDF]
If you require any further information about AoG office supplies, please email: email@example.com.