The All-of-Government (AoG) office consumables contract is one of the first AoG contracts established in 2010. Since then it’s gone from strength-to-strength, offering great value for participating agencies.
We have extended the office consumables contract for its last extension period of 12 months. The contract will expire in July 2015 with no further renewal options.
A RFP has been issued on GETS in order to provide a new solution for the supply of office supplies to AoG which will be in place by July 2015.
- Panel of suppliers
- Features and benefits
- Download the Buyer’s Guide
- Contract review discussion document
- RFP for new solution to current contract
- Contact us
This contract covers the following broad product categories:
- Print and Toner Cartridges
- Photocopier Paper
- Cafeteria supplies
- Health and Hygiene
- Data Storage Media
- General Stationery
- Computer Accessories.
The AoG panel of suppliers includes:
- Staples New Zealand Limited
- OfficeMax New Zealand Limited
Eligible agencies need to choose one of the two panellists to be their sole supplier of office consumables for the duration of the contract.
The Centre of Expertise (CoE) will work directly with an agency’s nominated contact for the office consumables contract to select a supplier, complete the sign up process and support the transition to the contract.
This office consumables contract offers buyers the following:
- collective buying power of the whole State sector to negotiate a ‘best price contract’ so that each agency pays the same, reduced price;
- contract management by the CoE throughout the contract’s life that will complement how you manage the contract within your agency;
- a choice of two suppliers who are ready and keen to impress;
- better value for money across AoG so that even the smaller agencies benefit;
- information and regular updates to help improve your buying behaviour (e.g. purchasing more product from the sub-categories available, consolidating deliveries and invoicing, etc);
- suppliers that have the technological capability to integrate with an agency’s electronic systems allowing for a smooth business to business connection that will improve efficiencies and reduce errors; and
- more environmentally friendly product options.
This guide provides agencies with an overview of:
- the key benefits of buying off this contract
- how agencies will transition to the contract
- what you can buy off the contract, and how
- roles and responsibilities of buyers, suppliers and the CoE
- Download the AoG Office Consumables Contract Buyers’ Guide [839 KB PDF]
A review of the Office Consumables contract has been completed. On 6 June 2014.
We released the follwoing discussion document on GETS. The document provides our proposed solution for the future supply of office supplies to government.
We released the RFP for the new solution to the current Office Consumables contract on GETS (GETS RFx ID 4404334) on 15 September 2014. The new solution looks to offer a more flexible approach to participation.
We have created an information pack for eligible agencies distilling the key information from the RFP and what can be expected in the new contract.