As part of the New Zealand Government Procurement Reform Programme a Professional Services Centre of Expertise (CoE) has been established within the Market Services Branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. The Advertising Services category is an integral part of this CoE, and it is intended that All-of-Government (AoG) contract(s) for Advertising Services are implemented in Quarter One of 2013.
By harnessing the collective buying power of over 200 State sector agencies, local authorities and over 2,500 schools, government has positioned itself as a ‘customer of choice’ and is able to achieve substantial cost savings. Below is an outline of the project scope.
The scope of this AoG contract includes most specialist areas of advertising:
- Media – Strategy, Planning and Buying;
- Creative and Production Services; and
- Client Services – Strategy and Project Management.
Out of Scope is Design (in terms of standalone design services for example, designing a new brand logo), and Market Research (in terms of standalone market research is out of scope for this contract. However where Market Research is part of the provision of a media, creative or client service this can be delivered by a successful provider), Print, Public Relations, and Digital services (as covered specifically by the Department of Internal Affairs Common Web Services syndicated panel).
Timeframes (updated 7 February 2013)
- March – September 2012: data gathering, analysis, strategy and RFP development and sign off.
- 9 October 2012: Request for Proposal issued.
- 6 November 2012: Request for Proposal closes at 3pm.
- November 2012 - January 2013: RFP evaluation and initial long-list prepared.
- March 2013: anticipated Ministers announcement regarding final panel composition.
Information for providers
- April 2012 Provider update and stocktake notice [290 KB PDF]
- Provider update and stocktake notice also released on GETS www.gets.govt.nz 24 April 2012.
- Provider stocktake released on GETS www.gets.govt.nz (GETS Reference: 36223) Friday 11 May 2012, due back Thursday 31 May 2012.
- Request for Proposal released on GETS www.gets.govt.nz (GETS Reference: 37508) on Tuesday 9 October, due back 3pm Tuesday 6 November 2012.
Information for government agencies
- April 2012 Government Agency update notice [292 KB PDF]
- Government agency data request released Friday 11 May, due back Thursday 31 May.
To keep you up to date we have posted a number of videos on the Economic Development Group YouTube channel. You can also access the advertising services YouTube clips below, as they are available.
- Email AoGAdvertising@med.govt.nz
- Karla Davidson-Brown, (MBIE) Advertising Services project lead +64 4 462 4217
- Hanelie Lategan, (MSD) +64 4 916 3050
- You can also get up to the minute information about what the wider procurement team is doing via our Twitter feed.
Find out more about All-of-Government contracts