Stage 5 – Approach market & select supplier
This phase is about ensuring the right suppliers submit quality offers and that the best supplier is selected for the right reasons.
Suppliers must be treated fairly, impartially and equitably at all stages in the procurement process. This means that ethical standards of behaviour must be demonstrated by all people involved in the procurement at all stages in the procurement.
Supplier selection must be based on the process and methodology set out in the procurement plan and your notice of procurement (eg the Request for Tender). You should not deviate from the process and methodology, unless you give all interested suppliers notice of the change and sufficient time to respond.
Below are some specific guides, tools, templates and training relevant to this stage in the procurement lifecycle. These resources are not intended to be an exhaustive list. We recommend you read the Guide to Mastering Procurement [1 MB PDF], which covers this stage in detail, within the context of the end-to-end lifecycle.
|Policy and guidance||Tools and templates|
- Guide to Mastering Procurement [1 MB PDF]
- Evaluation Panel – A guide for evaluation panel Chairs [365 KB PDF]
- Quick Guide to conflicts of interest [300 KB PDF]
- OAG: Managing Conflicts of Interest
- How to recognise bid rigging
- How to deter bid rigging
- APCC: Guide - Assessing a Supplier’s Sustainability Credentials
- Sustainability Guide 3: Evaluate and Select Suppliers [291 kB PDF]
Posting the tender
- Log Supplier Questions [21 kB XLS]
- Log Tenders Received [17 kB XLS]
- Letter: Receipt of Tenders [40 kB DOC]
- Letter: Unsuccessful Supplier – late [41 kB DOC]
- Template: Evaluation Panel Instructions [191 kB DOC]
- Template: Evaluation of Mandatory Conditions [119 kB DOC]
- Template: Tender Criteria Evaluation Form [166 kB PDF]
- Template: Evaluation Panel Minutes [188 kB DOC]
- Letter: Unsuccessful Suppliers [41 kB DOC]
- Letter: Short Listed Suppliers [46 kB DOC]
- Letter: Preferred Supplier (short form) [42 kB DOC]
- Letter: Preferred Supplier (long form) [49 kB DOC]