From planning a project to managing the contract – this two-day course will raise your awareness of the key tools and techniques required to navigate your way through the procurement life-cycle as smoothly as possible.
This hands-on training course will cover:
- Specifying and eliciting business requirements
- Market analysis tools and techniques
- Developing a procurement plan
- Selecting the right purchasing approach
- Going to market
- Evaluating and selecting suppliers that deliver the greatest value for money
- Negotiating and contracting
- Managing and reviewing supplier relationships
- What to do when things go wrong in the relationship
More information can be found in the Demystifying Procurement course outline [151kB PDF].
This intensive two-day course will comprise a mix of information lectures, interactive discussions and short videos, along with exercises designed to assist participants to learn through doing.
- Non-procurement specialists with responsibility for managing or undertaking procurement
- Those new to a procurement-related role
- Intermediate level procurement specialists
- Senior practitioners wanting to update themselves on best practices
The Academy runs a number of Demystifying Procurement courses each year across Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. To find out more or to register your interest in attending, please email email@example.com.
Whether you are new to procurement or an experienced practitioner looking for a refresher, this course has something for you. Recent attendees had the following things to say:
- “Excellent course, well worth attending, fantastic delivery”
- “Great course - good to do at the beginning of your procurement career”
- “This course should be called ‘how to revive your procurement mojo’…it was just awesome!”
- “The templates provided are going to be very helpful”