What's happening? Next Generation GETS
We are currently in the process of upgrading the GETS system.
- A new design to replace the current operating system for the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS) is currently being built.
What’s the scope of the replacement system?
The GETS Project team is working on a system that will provide the following high-level functions:
- Electronic Tenders Box for the secure handling of tender notices, communications and submissions
- Comprehensive search and reporting capabilities for users
- Improved capabilities for businesses to identify opportunities of working with Government Departments and Agencies
- Functionality and user interfaces that are more intuitive and easier to use
Although some features are outside of scope, for example - the capabilities for tender evaluation and contract management, it is a requirement that any potential solution must be easily capable of future enhancement, so additional services can be added in future.
Who will use the new system?
Similar to GETS, use of the new system will be mandatory for departments and strongly encouraged for other agencies. This is to ensure:
- Invitations to tender or related approaches to market, for all contracts exceeding $100,000 are freely available and posted online via GETS.
- Annual procurement plans are published.
- Notices of the award of all contracts over $100,000 are published.
What happens next?
- The Next Generation GETS system is expected to be operating late 2013.
A Review report was delivered by Azimuth Consulting on 1 December 2008 and is published here (names of participants have been removed for privacy reasons):
- GETS Review Delivery [600 kB PDF]
- Appendix A Stakeholder requirements [370 kB PDF]
- Appendix B Results of online survey [463 kB PDF]
- Appendix C Analysis of overseas sites [170 kB PDF]
- Appendix D System selection: Option/criteria analysis [200 kB PDF]
- Appendix E List of interviewees [40 kB PDF]
- Appendix F List of Focus Group attendees [45 kB PDF]
- Appendix G Strategy Workshop attendees [40 kB PDF]
- Appendix H Glossary [50 kB PDF]
- Appendix I Programme of work [70 kB PDF]