Free business plan template
It is important you have a business plan when you start your business. It will help you raise funds and set a strategic direction.
On this page:
The business plan template below can help you structure your business plan and give you some ideas about what to write in each section of your business plan.
Sections in this template include:
- Business strategy
- Team and management structure
- SWOT and success factors
- Market research and analysis
- Financial budgets and forecasts
You may find your business plan requires extra, or fewer, sections depending on the type of business you are in and the intended audience.
Download business plan template [DOC 42kb]
If this is your first business plan and you need a bit of help getting started try using the Quick Start Business Plan Tool. The tool guides you through the main parts of the business plan and gives you expert advice on how to hone your business concept.
Some other tools and resources on our website that may help you when you are working on your business plan include:
- Financial Forecasts - This online training module leads you through some key financial forecasting tools that will help you manage your business better and develop a more solid foundation to your business.
- SWOT Analysis – This online training module helps you understand the internal and external influences that can affect the success of your business.