NZTE Capability Development Vouchers
If you have aspirations to grow your business, you might also be eligible for an NZTE Capability Development Voucher.
NZTE Capability Development Vouchers are available to businesses to use as partial payment towards the cost of capability development and training in the following areas:
- Business Planning
- Business Systems
- Business Sustainability
- Capital Raising
- Lean Manufacturing/Business Operations
- Managing Resources
On this page:
- Is my business eligible to access a Capability Development Voucher?
- Research & Development support and funding
- How can I apply?
To be eligible for a voucher a business must be:
- Operating with 50 or less FTEs
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Operating in a commercial environment – i.e. is currently trading
- Be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
- Have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
Businesses should also:
- have the potential and desire to grow
- demonstrate commitment to improving management capability: indicators of commitment include seeking advice, working through the assessment process, and a willingness to co-fund and commit time to capability-building activities
- have an identified gap in its capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
Capability Development Vouchers are used to subsidise training and capability development up to a maximum of $5000 per year per business. The business must pay at least half of the training costs.
As well as supporting building business capability, Regional Business Partners can help businesses access R&D grant funding from Callaghan Innovation. Further information is available from Callaghan Innovation’s website.
To receive a Capability Development Voucher, a business must be registered on the Regional Business Partner Network website. Before you register it’s a good idea to consult your local Regional Business Partner.