R&D funding and support
The Government’s business research and development (R&D) funding programmes are managed by Callaghan Innovation, a Crown entity set up to accelerate the commercialisation of innovation in the private sector.
One of Callaghan Innovation’s primary aims is to build links between business, government and research organisations to improve New Zealand’s prosperity through science and innovation.
It does this by investing in businesses with the potential to transform the economy with pivotal R&D projects.
On this page:
Callaghan Innovation is a Crown entity set up to accelerate commercial innovation in New Zealand. It was established on February 1, 2013 to provide more support to businesses looking to benefit from science, engineering and technology-based innovation.
If your business is involved in research and development, Callaghan Innovation may be able to provide you with information, training, advice and funding.
Callaghan Innovation aims to connect industry with ideas, opportunities, partners, expertise and solutions, while providing:
- Science, engineering and technology expertise
- Project management support, and
- Resources for creating and capturing value from innovation.
Callaghan Innovation is quickly evolving to meet the needs of New Zealand’s innovators. Information is being updated as services develop – so watch this space.
- If you haven’t worked with Callaghan Innovation before contact your Regional Business Partner.
- If you have, contact your investment manager or call 0800 4 CALLAGHAN (0800 4 22552).
- If you need to source advice on starting or progressing an R&D project, or commercialisation, contact your Regional Business Partner.
- If you’re seeking support for marketing or branding projects contact New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE).